1. Personal Data We Collect
This section sets out the categories of Personal Data that we may collect and the source of that Personal Data. We may collect the following categories of Personal Data.
a. Data Collected Whenever You Use the Site
- When you use the Site as a user, we need to collect Personal Data which identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person or device to whom that information pertains. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all services requested. This information includes (but is not limited to) your name, email address, phone number, identification or passport number, details of your bookings, as well as your reviews/feedback.
- If you are a user, you may need to provide us with Personal Data or government issued document(s). This document will be used to identify You to process your additional request and/or supplemental services related to the services you subscribe for.
- When you use the Site as MHub’s vendors and/or clients (a “Vendor”), in order for the Site and its features to work, we need to collect Personal Data which identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate a person or any property or business related to the services provided by the Vendor in the Site. We may also collect other Personal Data that is needed to implement any payment obligation between you and us including any related tax obligation.
- If you utilize any payment and/or transactional services in the Site either to make a payment or receive any payment, we may collect certain Personal Data related to the payment and/or transactional services you used. Those data include (but are not limited to): payment card or account identifier, payment card or account holder, sender and receiver details, goods transacted, and history of transaction.
b. Data Collected from You to Process Your Registration and Account Management
- If and when you register and create an account in the Site as user and/or Vendor, we may request you to provide us with certain Personal Data including (but not limited to) your name, phone number, or email address. Specifically for Vendors, we may also request you to provide us with certain Personal Information that is needed to verify your onboarding process. The information can include the details of your business, property and bank account information.
- If you are a registered user/Vendor, we might request you to provide your MHub user identification and login credentials in order to access your account.
c. Data Automatically Collected from Your Device by Using Our Site
Whenever you use the Site, we may collect Personal Data in the form of technical data regarding your device and device usage such as information about web pages viewed, session duration, the internet device identity (ID) or media access. The Information we collect may also include:
- Geographic location: we may collect information about your actual location, whether or not you are using the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address and GPS and other information provided from your mobile device.
- Log Information: when you are using the Site, we may collect information which we refer to as "log information". The log information may be collected even though you do not create an account on the Site. This log information may include (but is not limited to) IP address, browser type, operating system, nationality, pages visited, your mobile carrier, device information as well as other Internet usage related information. We use the log information to provide you with a better experience using the Site.
d. Data We Collect from Third Parties
We may also collect your Personal Data from third parties (including agents, vendors, suppliers, contractors, partners and any others who perform any process on our behalf, provide services in the Site, provide services to us or whom we collaborate with). In such cases, the collection will be conducted upon your acknowledgement/direction to the relevant third party. The Data we collect from third parties will also include:
- Data collected from a third party if you link, connect, or create an account in the Site with a third party service in which you already directed the service provider to send us information such as your registration, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Data collected from your employer if your employer registers you to obtain services in the Site using our business or corporate services as agreed with your employer.
- Data collected regarding certain financial information and history when you register, access, add and/or link (as relevant) for a payment card, insurance and other financial services product or account through the Site. This data includes but is not limited to payment card or account transaction history, payment card or account details and mapping and/or payment card or account status and states from the relevant payment or financial services provider or any other third party.
e. Third Party Personal Data You Provide to Us
You may provide us with Personal Data relating to other third-party individuals (including when you add any third-party individual data as additional users). In that case you undertake and warrant that you have already obtained properly documented consent from the relevant third-party individual(s) and hereby give approval on behalf of such individuals to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her Personal Data by us.
If we are unable to collect your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
To provide our services to you and improve your experience on our Site, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following reasons and as permitted by applicable laws.
- identifying you as user or Vendors which include registering, maintaining and managing your account on our Site;
- verifying your account, transaction, and/or registration as we may, in our sole discretion necessary before providing services in the Site (if you are a Vendor) or if you are a user, before providing any services from us or Vendor, or any third-party providing services in the Site;
- managing, operating and administering the Site;
- contacting you regarding your use of, and access to the Site and managing the queries and requests submitted by you through the Site;
- customizing your experience when using the Site;
- measuring and improving your customer experience and satisfaction, provide you with direct or personalized marketing activities, and provide or offer services from us or our business partner;
- monitor and analyse your activities, demographic data, behaviour, search queries, response time for the various services provided in the Site, and any Personal Data You provided to the Site in order to support and improve the performance, user experience, growth, and functions of the Site. We will anonymize your Personal Data (or using other method as required by applicable laws) before we process it for these purposes;
- detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abusive behaviour, harmful activity including to comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights;
- publishing your reviews about our services as well as the listed products on the Site;
- resolving disputes, collecting outstanding payment and troubleshooting; and
- for any other purposes that we notify you of when we collect the Personal Data.
Marketing and use by MHub:
- digital marketing which includes, however is not limited to, social media, display advertising, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and push notification e.g using open graph techniques, etc;
- conventional marketing purposes which include, however is not limited to, sending you emails about new products, special offers, and surveys or other information which we think you may find interesting; and
- registering your use of, access to, and creation of an account/accounts to the site/application of our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies.
Please note that you may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions set out in our marketing materials or by contacting us on the contact details set out below and we will respect your wishes. However, please note that:
- we may still send you non-promotional messages or information such as subscription details, payment receipts or account information, and
- the opt-out will take into effect within one (1) day after you successfully unsubscribe from the service.
3. Sharing of Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with other companies, organizations and individuals including our subsidiaries and affiliates (each a "Third Party") in connection with providing our services to you and to our other customers and for any of the following purposes as well as for such other purposes if permitted by applicable law:
- if you are a user, to help facilitate bookings or other interactions between users and/or Vendor;
- if you are a user, for the purpose of enabling us and/or Vendor, to perform or deliver a service/feature in the Site;
- if you are a Vendor, for the purpose of enabling a user to request, receive and completing any booking or reservation from users to you;
- to Third Party (including agents, vendors, suppliers, contractors, partners and any others who perform any process on our behalf, provide services in the Site, provide services to us or whom we collaborate with) in relation to any verification, authentication, risk assessment, fraud prevention and product development and maintenance as we or other Third Party may consider necessary before you providing you with the services including any activities related to Anti Money Laundering prevention and credit worthiness assessments;
- in relation to the transaction process in the form of merger, consolidation, change of control or ownership, restructuring and/or sale of company assets of MHub’s business, then your Personal Data may be disclosed and transferred as part of the transaction (even if the transaction is eventually not proceeded with).
- in relation to our services, we may share Personal Data to providers of website hosting, data analysis, marketing, promotions, processing credit card transactions and other relevant services;
- to help facilitate verification, claims or application processes with any third-party providing services on our Site.
Please note that MHub may disclose your Personal Data subject to the following conditions:
- For Legal Reasons: We may also, in our absolute discretion, share your Personal Data with Third Parties (including government agencies, law enforcement, and lawyers and other advisers) if we consider this is necessary to: i) comply with applicable laws, orders and regulations; ii) investigate any potential fraud or illegal acts; or iii) protect the MHub brand, business reputation and property.
4. Cross Border Data Transfer
Services provided through the Site can be used only in Malaysia and Indonesia for the time being. To make that possible, your Personal Data may be transferred to or accessed by entities around the world. MHub commits reasonable commercial efforts to comply with laws on the transfer of Personal Data between countries to help ensure your data is protected, wherever it may be. Please also note that the MHub entity that controls your Personal Data may differ depending on where you live and/or the location of services you used.
MHub may also transfer your Personal Data located overseas including to any Third Party. The countries in which these Third Parties may be located include Singapore, the United States and other countries where MHub may operate its offices/subsidiaries. In any case, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your Personal Data remains subject to a standard of protection comparable to the requirements under the laws of your country.
5. Access to or Correction of Your Personal Data
When you provide us with your Personal Data, please ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If you believe that any of your Personal Data held by us contains errors or omissions, please log into your account on the Site and amend the Personal Data. In addition, please update your Personal Data through your account in a timely manner, should there be any changes.
If you wish to correct an error or omission in any of your Personal Data held by us which cannot be corrected via your account on the Site, or to access your Personal Data held by us which cannot be accessed via your account on the Site, please submit your request to our contact details listed below.
If mandated by applicable law, you may request certain copies and/or access of your Personal Data, that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. If you wish to obtain a copy of your Personal Data, please contact email@example.com
7. Removal of Your Personal Data
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may have the right to request us to remove your Personal Data that we store on our systems. You may submit a deletion request to us at our contact details listed below.
We, without undue delay or within time period as stipulated under the applicable law, shall use reasonable effort to erase your Personal Data, or will use reasonable efforts to remove the means or personal identifiers by which the Personal Data can be associated with you as an individual, if:
- the purpose for which Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of that Personal Data;
- we are not otherwise permitted or required by applicable law to retain the Personal Data; and/or
- In case it is mandated by applicable law, based on your request to delete your Personal Data.
Please note that by requesting us to remove your Personal Data, we may not be able to continue providing you with some of our services and you agree that we will not be liable to you for any losses or damages arising out of or in relation to such termination of services.
8. Retention of Your Personal Data
Unless we remove your Personal Data from our systems following the receipt of a request from you, your Personal Data will be retained by us for as long as your account is in existence, and as needed to provide you with our services, and/or for our legitimate business interests, or for as long as such retention is obligated or authorised by applicable law.
9. Protection of Your Personal Data
We will protect your Personal Data by maintaining reasonable security arrangements, including physical, technical, and organizational procedures, to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. It is important to remember that even though we have several safeguards in place to protect your information, nothing within the internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the safety of your Personal Data. If we are subject to a data breach that relates to your Personal Data, to the extent required by applicable law, we will notify you through our channels, whether directly or indirectly, to give you sufficient information regarding such data breach and will work to protect against the misuse of your Personal Data.
We are working with the best-in-class service providers for data storage. The service provider’s physical infrastructure is hosted and managed within Amazon's secure data centers and utilize the Amazon Web Service (AWS) technology. Amazon continually manages risk and undergoes recurring assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards.
Amazon security is covered here
10. Links to Other Websites
The Site allows you to create a user account based on the information you provide. By providing that information, registering, and creating your account, you warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age;
- The information you provide is true and accurate, up-to-date and complete as required in the registration form on the Site (the "Registration Data"); and
- You will update your Registration Data to keep it up-to-date, accurate and complete.
If you have a complaint regarding the treatment of your Personal Data, please contact us at our Contact Details listed below. We will treat your complaint in a confidential manner. We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss it and to outline options regarding how your complaint may be resolved. If you have a complaint regarding the treatment of your Personal Data that is not resolved by us, you may be able to make a complaint to the relevant regulatory authority. Any Personal Data that we collect while processing or resolving your complaint will be used solely for that purpose.